Hitting the trails in new outfit favorites

 


I have definitely been hitting trails a lot more lately and decided it was time to update my closet.  My usual go-to for hiking trails was a tank top, yoga pants and hiking boots  - nothing particularly wrong with that but I wanted more versatile outfit options when being active outdoors.  Here's what I added to my closet: 

SHOES - Though my hiking boots were perfect for traversing any trail, I wanted to have another option for lighter trails that I can wear post-trail without having to change shoes (hiking boots can be quite heavy and bulky).  I still wanted a shoe that provided great grip like my hiking boots and being water-resistant would be nice too.  

Nike Pegasus Trail 2 GORE-TEX  - This shoe offers everything I was looking for (and in my go-to color, black).   I find it comfortable, lightweight and the structure of the shoe is flexible which is good for my not-so-narrow feet.  The GORE-TEX properties offer waterproof features and I really like the way the rubber outsole grips.  Wearing: Black/Metallic Dark Grey/Iron Grey.  


BOTTOMS - Truthfully the only activewear bottoms I own are yoga pants and although they are certainly very comfortable and non-restrictive to active movements, I wanted bottoms that could offer better protection when I'm walking through overgrown paths, didn't attract dirt so easily and can be styled in more ways than yoga pants can (even be able to take when I travel).  


Athleta Trekkie North Jogger - I'm quite the fan of Athleta, not only for their quality clothing, but their stance on supporting active women, bodies of all sizes, and use of recycled materials in their fabrics to name a few reasons.  I own a number of pieces and knew to start my search on their site.  Their Trekkie North Jogger has a great fit and features Ripstop fabric with stretch so not only does it move with you but it also resists snags and tears.  I really like that it offers UPF 50+ protection, it's breathable so I don't have to worry about sweat lingering AND its got great zip pockets.  I would definitely bring these for a casual outfit when traveling.  Wearing: Black (I liked it so much I also purchased it in Mountain Olive). 

Along a trail near Puddingstone Reservoir

What are your go-to(s) for exploring the outdoors?  

- Steph.

Comments

Popular Posts